WhatsApp has an awesome feature called “groups”. However, adding people to a WhatsApp group can be cumbersome if you wish to add a lot of members. As you will have to add them to your contacts first and then proceed.
Moreover, you can’t add members if you’re not the Group admin. But all that can be made easier and possible with group invite links. Here in this article, we will share how you can create and share the WhatsApp group invite link on Android and iPhone.
Let’s first have a quick look at the method to add members from contacts without invite links.
How To Add Group Members Without Invite Links
- In WhatsApp, go to Group info by tapping on the group name at the top. Alternatively, on Android, you can tap on the 3 dots at the top right corner and select Group info.
- Under Group Info, select Add Participants.
- Now, select the desired users you want to add to the group.
- Tap Add at the top left corner on the iPhone or tick mark icon at the bottom right on Android.
Now, let’s look at the group link method.
Add Members With WhatsApp Group Invite Link (Video)
- Go to the WhatsApp Group Info.
- Now, select Invite to Group via Link on iPhone or Invite via link on Android.
- On the next screen, you will be able to see the group invite link.
Using this link anyone can join it. So, make sure to use it wisely so that unnecessary people don’t join the group.
- Now, there are multiple options wherein you can choose to share the link (Share Link) via FB messenger, email, WhatsApp, Twitter, etc. You can also copy the link using Copy Link option and send it to the desired person. Android users also have a direct option – Send link via WhatsApp, to share directly on WhatsApp.
That is it, the group invite link is sent. Now the recipient can click on that link or Join Group button below it and confirm by selecting Join Group again. With this, the user will be added to the group.