Aditya L1 shall be the first space based Indian mission to study the Sun. The spacecraft shall be placed in a halo orbit around the Lagrange point 1 (L1) of the Sun-Earth system, which is about 1.5 million km from the Earth. A satellite placed in the halo orbit around the L1 point has the major advantage of continuously viewing the Sun without any occultation/eclipses. This will provide a greater advantage of observing the solar activities and its effect on space weather in real time. The spacecraft carries seven payloads to observe the photosphere, chromosphere and the outermost layers of the Sun (the corona) using electromagnetic and particle and magnetic field detectors. Using the special vantage point L1, four payloads directly view the Sun and the remaining three payloads carry out in-situ studies of particles and fields at the Lagrange point L1, thus providing important scientific studies of the propagatory effect of solar dynamics in the interplanetary medium
- Important dates :
- Quiz Start Date: 30th August, 2023
- Quiz End Date: 5th September 2023, 24:00 hrs
Aditya L1 is the solar mission of ISRO. If everything goes right, it will be launched on 2nd September 2023. This ambitious mission is expected to resolve mysteries of solar storms, space weather, and other phenomena of the sun. General Knowledge Questions and Answers on Aditya L1 are expected to be asked in many upcoming government job examinations.
Students who are preparing for exams like UPSC, SSC, Banking, etc. should go through as many Aditya L1 GK quiz questions as possible. To help them, we are providing the latest important General Knowledge Quiz Aditya L1.
The major science objectives of Aditya-L1 mission are:
- Study of Solar upper atmospheric (chromosphere and corona) dynamics.
- Study of chromospheric and coronal heating, physics of the partially ionized plasma, initiation of the coronal mass ejections, and flares
- Observe the in-situ particle and plasma environment providing data for the study of particle dynamics from the Sun.
- Physics of solar corona and its heating mechanism.
- Diagnostics of the coronal and coronal loops plasma: Temperature, velocity and density.
- Development, dynamics and origin of CMEs.
- Identify the sequence of processes that occur at multiple layers (chromosphere, base and extended corona) which eventually leads to solar eruptive events.
- Magnetic field topology and magnetic field measurements in the solar corona .
- Drivers for space weather (origin, composition and dynamics of solar wind .
- The Quiz is open for students of class 8th to 12th.
- There shall be 30 multiple-choice questions.
- Each correct answer will carry 2 (two) marks and each incorrect answer will attract 1(one) negative mark.
- All questions have to be attempted, and answering has to be completed in 15 min.
- The online quiz can be attempted only once by every participant.
- The participants scoring 50% marks will be awarded the certificates.
General Knowledge Questions and Answers on Aditya L1
Question – 1: On which orbit around the Sun, the Aditya L1 will be placed?
Answer: Halo Orbit.
Question – 2: Which agency will launch Aditya L1?
Question – 3: Which is the launch vehicle or rocket to be used in the Aditya L1?
Question – 4: When was Aditya L1 first conceptualised?
Answer: In January 2008
Question – 5: What is the launch mass of Aditya L1?
Answer: 1,475 kg (3,252 lb)
Question – 6: What is Aditya L1’s payload weight?
Answer: 244 kg (538 lb)
Question – 7: At which point, the Aditya L1 will be placed in the halo orbit?
Answer: L1 (Lagrange Point).
Question – 8: What is the full form of PSLV XL?
Answer: Polar Satellite Launch Vehicle (PSLV) XL
Question – 9: How many payloads are there on board of Aditya L1?
Question – 10: How far is the L1 point from the Earth?
Answer: 1.5 million kilometres.
Question – 11: What is the full form of L1 Point?
Answer: Lagrange Point 1