How To Get Driving License Online & Offline Apply in Gujarat : To legally drive a motor vehicle in the state of Gujarat, an individual must hold a valid driving license. A driving license can be obtained by an individual who holds a learning license. A learning license in Gujarat is issued as per the provisions of the Motor Vehicles Act, 1988 by the Gujarat RTO. A learning license issued in Gujarat is valid for a period of 6 months and an application for the permanent DL can be made after 30 days or within 180 days from the date of issuance of the learning license. Gujarat learning license can be obtained by an individual by following the below-mentioned process.
How To Get Driving License Online & Offline Apply in Gujarat @cot.gujarat.gov.in
To obtain a permanent DL in Gujarat, it’s imperative for an individual to first obtain a learner’s license. An application for a learner’s license in Gujarat can be obtained by following either of the below processes.
Online application process to obtain a learning license in Gujarat
Visit Ministry of Highways and Road Transport Website– parivahan.gov.in/parivahan
Click on online services and select driving license related services
Enter the name of the state-Gujarat
Click on apply online and select learning license
Fill the application form and submit it online
Upload scanned copies of the above-mentioned documents
Pay the application fees
Book a test slot for the learning license test
Visit the RTO to give the test
The learning license is sent to the applicant’s registered address on passing the test.
Offline application process to obtain a learning license in Gujarat
- Visit the Gujarat RTO
- Collect the application form or download the form online through Gujarat RTO website rtogujarat.gov.in
- Fill out the form and submit it along with the relevant documents to the RTO
- Pay the application fees
- Book a slot for the LL test
- Appear for the test on the given date and time
- On passing the test, the learning license is issued to the applicant.
In the state of Gujarat, the Gujarat RTO issues a duplicate learner’s license to an applicant whose original learning license is stolen, lost or damaged. In case of loss of the learner’s license, the applicant has to file an FIR, post which he can proceed with the application process.
Documents required for obtaining a duplicate driving license in Gujarat
An application for a duplicate learning license in Gujarat can be made online or offline directly at the RTO. If applying online, the applicant can submit the documents, form and pay the fees online, post which he will have to visit the RTO for the verification of the documents. If applying offline, the applicant can collect the form from the RTO or download it through Gujarat RTO website- rtogujarat.gov.in. On the basis of verification of the documents, the duplicate LL is issued to the applicant.
For Change in Details of Driving License / Obtaining a Duplicate :
- Application should be made in Form L.L.D. with details of original driving license and a fee of Rs.200/- should be paid.
- In case applicant has forgotten number of original smart card, then, he can apply for information regarding it by making an application indicating his name, address, date of birth and is required to be pay a fee of Rs.25/-.
- To change details of driving license like name, address, etc., then, an application on plain paper with a smart card fee of Rs.200/- is required to be made.
- N.O.C. from the original licensing authority should be obtained and attached with the application.
Driving Licenses Delivered :
- Learning license is delivered to the applicant in person on the same day when he comes for knowledge test.
- Driving license is sent by speed post at the address mentioned by the applicant in his application.
- International driving permit is delivered to the applicant in person
Get Driving License Official Site
Apply Online & full Details Driving License
Learning License Test Procedure in Gujarat:
A learning license test in Gujarat is conducted as per the provisions of the Motor Vehicles Act, 1988. The test is conducted to test the applicant’s knowledge of traffic rules, regulations, symbols and road safety. The test is a written test and includes objective type questions and is held in the presence of a Motor Vehicles Inspector. The written test is conducted for applicants who have passed SSC and oral test is conducted for others. During the test, the applicant is required to carry the necessary documents. If the applicant fails the test, he can re-appear for the test on the next day. Once the applicant is issued the learner’s license he has to tag an ‘L’ symbol on the back of his vehicle and cannot ride or drive with a pillion except for an instructor. Further, the application for a permanent DL in Gujarat can be made after 30 or within 180 days from the date of issuance of the learning license