In order to change the address on your passport, you need to apply for a re-issue of your passport. Here is the entire process.
The following is information on how to change the address in a passport. There is area information.
When typing the address incorrectly in the passport, one thing you should do is look for the help of this post.
Steps to change address in passport:
- Visit the Passport Seva website
- Log in to your account with your user ID and password
- Click on ‘New User? Register Now’ if you are a new user
- Choose a Passport Seva Kendra near you
- Enter your personal details like name and date of birth
- Create a login ID and password and register
- An email will be sent to your registered email account with a link to activate your account
- After logging in to your account, click on ‘Apply for Fresh Passport/Re-issue of Passport’
Re-issuing the passport is the only way to change your residential address on your passport.
Follow these simple steps
- Visit the official website of Passport Seva website i.e. passportindia.gov.in
- If you are a registered member, then login to your account. But if you are new, then create your account by clicking on new user
- After getting in your account, select the nearest passport office
- Provide your personal details, which may include your name, date of birth, etc
- Create a login ID and password
- You will receive an email on your registered email id
- The email will contain the activation link
- Once you have click on the link, login in
- Now apply for a fresh passport or re-issue of passport.
Documents required for change of address in passport:
- Original passport with old address
- Copy of online application
- Self-attested copy of the page of observation, if any, made by Passport Issuing Authority
- Copy of payment receipt or challan receipt
- Self-attested copy of first and last page of passport
- Self-attested copy of the validity extension page, if any, in respect of short validity passport
- Current address proof like Aadhaar card, water bill, electricity bill or, voter ID card, proof of gas connection, Income Tax order, spouse passport copy, photo passbook of running bank account etc
- Self-attested copy of the ECR/Non-ECR page